Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Vegan Curry

I tried and succeed! I made my favorite Curry without my normal sauteed chicken and just went nuts with veggies. For this delicious curry(which happened to turn out vegan) you will need the following:
-1 shallot diced
-As much Garlic as you desire(4 for me)
-Frozen: Broccoli, Edamame, Corn, Red Peppers, Peas
-1 stalk celery diced
-1 can Dark Red Kidney Beans
-Mandarin Oranges to taste
-1/2 bottle Trader Joes Red Curry Sauce
-Sriracha/Pepper/& Garlic Powder
-Brown Rice
Start off sauteing the shallots until translucent, I like to caramelize everything so I added some maple syrup to them, add the garlic. Next add all the veggies your heart desires and allow them to become unfrozen(?). After, add the sauce & spices and simmer. Stir in the kidney beans(strained). Allow to simmer. Pour over brown rice and garnish with Mandarin oranges. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment