I did it! I made barbecue sauce, and am way to excited about it! Yesterday after a magnificent day in Philadelphia, my friends and I decided to be frugal, and not spend any money and let me cook dinner. We had some frozen chicken breasts, quinoa, red peppers, and shelled edamame. So I decided to grill the chicken on our grill pan. After the chicken thawed in hot water, I marinated it in mustard, olive oil, siracha, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and agave. Let that sit for about 10 minutes, get the grill pan to a steady low temp, and let the chicken cook.
Since I am a sauce queen, I decided I wanted a yummy sauce. Not really having anything, or wanting to buy anything, I realized I had all the fixing for barbecue. This is the recipe I think I used.

Spur-of-the-moment BBQ-Katie Style
-A bottle of Ketchup
-Brown to Taste
-Apple Cider Vinegar, about 1/3 cup
-Siracha
-Salt, Pepper, Garlic Power/Clove Garlic
-Mustard
-Agave
Mix well and add different flavors to your liking!
After the chicken seemed nice and cooked, I glazed them with a bit of sauce. Make sure it just gets hot, don't let it burn!
Serve with whatever you'd like! Boom, delicious!
0 comments:
Post a Comment