Monday, April 12, 2010

I'd just like to say...


If you haven't had a picnic yet with all this beautiful weather, you should really feel horrible about yourself.
Honestly, go to the dollar store- Grab a bag of gummy bears, a jar of peanut butter and a 40- (if you have those at your dollar store, never move) Get a city paper, spread it out, lounge out in the sun and call it a date.
Okay, that's maybe what I would do.. but I don't endorse it. You can do better then that. Picnics are actually a great way to promote your cooking. Hungry people outside are decidedly less picky. It's kind of like feeding feral cats. Now, there are a ton of fun foods to cook up and lug outside. Obviously, proper carrying vessels are great ideas & foods that slop aren't such a good idea..(you knew that)
My new fav thing to do is twilight (No. I hate that movie. Not like that) picnics (it makes the booze thing seem much more socially acceptable after 3pm) I like to use my old wine bottles as candle holders- You will have a multitude of new best friends swarming over. Think The Mothman.
I also like pretending I'm classy & french. (The latter takes a stretch and some hard core pretending) But I'm a huge fan of grabbing a baguette and stopping at Di Brunos. Fruit is great- the less utensils necessary the better.
& I love this website- she has great stuff, everything I've made has turned out scrumptious. Check it out http://simplyrecipes.com/tag/Picnic%20Salad

0 comments:

Post a Comment